Monday, January 18, 2010

Salade Lyonnaise - Breakfast Salad


This photo really doesn't do this meal justice.  I was raving about this meal for a few days afterward.  I never thought I'd have salad for breakfast - alas, now I'm an addict!

Normally Salade Lyonnaise has croutons and poached eggs.  I omitted the croutons (for obvious reasons) and just cooked my eggs over-easy.  You can cook the eggs your favorite way and this salad will still be perfect.

This recipe was inspired from this site.

Ingredients:
  • 2 Slices Uncured Bacon
  • 3 Eggs
  • Organic Spring Mix Lettuce
  • 1/2 TBSP Olive Oil
  • 1/2 TBSP Basalmic Vinegar
  • 1/2 TSP Dijon Mustard
Instructions:
  1. Cook Bacon in skillet.  When crispy, remove from skillet to paper towels to drain.
  2. While bacon cooks, mix olive oil, vinegar and mustard together.  I like to use a tiny plastic container and shake - but a bowl and whisk will work as well.
  3. Pour off most of the bacon fat.  Cook eggs in a small amount of bacon grease to desired doneness (I think I made that word up...).  Scrambled, fried, over-easy, sunny-side up, etc will work.
  4. Fill plate with Spring Mix Lettuce.  Crumble bacon over lettuce.  Place cooked eggs on top of lettuce. 
  5. Pour dressing over salad and enjoy!
Nutritional Information:

No comments:

Post a Comment