I actually couldn't believe how well this recipe turned out. These little biscuits are the answer to several paleo roadblocks I've had. These make a ridiculously good breakfast sandwich! (I'll post that recipe soon!)
This recipe is inspired by: Healthy Indulgences
- 1/4 C Coconut Flour
- 1/2 C Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 TSP Baking Powder
- 1.5 TBSP grass fed butter softened (coconut oil works as well if you're okay with butter)
- 6 Egg Whites
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Sift coconut flour, almond flour and baking powder together.
- Using a pastry blender or a fork, blend the butter and flours together. The mixture will be quite dry.
- Put the flour/butter mixture in the freezer or the the fridge. This allows the butter to get solid and will help the biscuits be flaky.
- While the biscuits are chilling, use hand beaters or the blender to make the egg whites frothy. This recipe is a great place to utilize the freeze dried egg whites.
- Quickly mix the egg whites into the flour mixture until just blended.
- Spoon the batter into a greased muffin pan. I use the "Texas-size" muffin tin to make 4 larger biscuits. Using a regular muffin tin will result in 6 smaller biscuits.
- Bake 15 minutes (until biscuits start to look brown on the top and don't "give" when you tap the tops).
Enjoy! I like these with 100% fruit preserves, almond butter, butter, as "Egg McMuffins", etc.