Monday, January 18, 2010

Kale Chips



When I heard the ladies at Jogo discussing Kale Chips I knew I had to try them out.  They are fantastic!  They really hit the “I really want some chips!” craving.  Plus they are super simple!  I used a combo of purple kale and regular kale.  The purple Kale is fairly bitter – so I’d recommend using normal green Kale if available.

Ingredients:
  • Kale
  • Olive Oil
  • Sea Salt
  • Optional: Pepper, other spices
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
  2. Wash Kale.  Dry with paper towel or in salad spinner.
  3. Tear off bite size chunks of Kale leaf leaving the hard stem part.
  4. Place Kale on pan and drizzle with Olive Oil.  Use fingers to spread olive oil all over leaves on both sides.
  5. Sprinkle salt and, if desired, pepper and other spices.
  6. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until Kale sounds crispy when pan is shaken.
Nutritional Info:

No comments:

Post a Comment