Sunday, January 24, 2010

Butter!



When Robb Wolf said he recommended grass fed butter as good part of a Paleo diet I almost fell out of my chair.  He and Andy discuss grass fed butter as part of the podcast "The Paleolithic Solution" Episode 4.  I think they mention it again in episode 5.  So the question is: where do you find grass fed butter?  Well, the answer is easy: head to your local Trader Joes, and in the butter section you will find KerryGold Butter.  It is an imported produce from Ireland.  KerryGold has confirmed that their butter is grassfed, and boy is it fantastic.  It has a great yellow color, and a great buttery taste.  Yes...it is a bit more expensive than normal butter, but I find that I use it sparingly, so one package lasts me quite awhile.

For more information about why grass fed butter is good for you any why you may want to include it in your otherwise dairy-free diet, check out the Nourishing Gourmet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment